Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Keep Going, No Matter What




Hey friends,

I wanted to blog yesterday, but got hit with emotions and a to-do list that freaked me out, so I just didn't write. Today I was super busy and stressed and running around like crazy, so I wasn't even home to write.

Well I've been home for a while and did the usual "end of day" tasks such as cooking dinner, doing the dishes, watching Netflix on the couch while digesting said dinner, and meal-prepping some for tomorrow.

I was procrastinating because I also didn't know what to write. I wanted to start linking up to a friend's blog, but I think today I need to write for myself. And that's ok :)


Guess what? No one has it all figured out, and no one has a perfect life. I almost wish we didn't have personal social media platforms like facebook and instagram, because we all put up lies of some sort and still compare ourselves to the lies that someone else is posting (I'm not accusing you of lying on the internet, I just mean that it isn't real life, it's the part of life we feel like sharing at that moment).

But here on my corner of the internet (does the internet have corners? That implies a certain shape, unless it's a shape with many many sides and therefore many many corners...ok, I'm overthinking it, sorry ya'll) is where I hope to be as real as I can and not put up just the happy updates of my life. Yep, I'm super blessed and I wouldn't give up my life for anything (except God). But some things just downright suck.

Right now, school sucks; it's my senior year and I have a recital this weekend, an opera in a few months, so so many classes, and I'm trying to graduate in December so I have to do well. My neighbors suck; they have a ritual of waking me up at 11something-pm every night to yell and then wake up their baby who then cries and screams too. Long distance sucks; I am super blessed to even get to see my husband when I do, but it's usually only 3 days a week or 3 nights together. I know this is temporary, but long distance is not for the faint of heart!


But I am grateful. Grateful that I get to go through these crappy situations and learn and grow from them. They are temporary, and I am making my own life better and better as I am able.


I am so grateful for this space online that I can share with you my heart, and I hope that you feel safe here too.



So, have a great week my friends, and keep counting your blessings.

xoxo,
Alexandra Anne

1 comment:

  1. You've got this! It's perfectly fine to take breaks from time to time to figure things out. I'm right there with you on the social media front - sometimes it leads us to see these "perfect" lives that aren't perfect at all!

    ReplyDelete