Thursday, January 31, 2013

Lovebug, Lovey-dovey, Lovebird, Love!

So, Valentine's Day is coming up. Apparently it's been coming up since the day after Christmas, according to Walmart standards (seriously?).

I am trying to get used to the fact that I have a significant other to celebrate this lovey holiday with. Well, sort of. We're currently 800 miles apart, so we can't celebrate together on V-day. BUT, my wonderful guy is visiting Houston the week before, and that is plenty wonderful for sure :)






Of course, this is my first year in Houston. I don't really know what there is to do here..... especially in the Valentine sense!

Last year was our first Valentine's day together. That was a wonderful day. The night before, M picked me up at the airport because I had just auditioned for college, and he brought me a rose. So sweet.


The next day, actually Valentine's day, we spent all day together. The day started with us dressing up (because we can) and going to...Waffle House. (I pride myself in the fact that I don't need lots of money to be spent to have a good time!) We had a wonderful time and some yummy food. Oh, and I spilled my glass of water....I tend to spill SOMETHING on every date we go on... (first movie date, I spilled popcorn in his brand-new-shiny car...) but the food was good and many laughs were had.

Proof that I spilled water everywhere...I seriously lack coordination. Tis sad. =P

Yum! Love me some Waffle House 


Then we headed over to the movies to see...(again, we're not the norm, I think...)...Red Tails. Because a war movie just says Valentine's day date of course! It was a good movie, and I loved that it took place in Italy.

The only good pic I have of minis we would use; these are for a D&D campaign we did over the summer :) 

All dressed up. This is his trollface impression; I cringe everytime he does this. 

Following the movie we headed back to M's house to paint minis for tabletop games.

:) :) :) 

Can't wait to see my guy again!!!!













2012 had a wonderful Valentine's day.
What will 2013 have?

Probably a visit to NASA ;)


Any ideas for a Valentine's date in Houston?
What should I bake my man for dessert?


I can't wait to see my Michael! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 

xoxo, alexandra anne

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I know...Walmart has been pushing Valentines day ever since Christmas...crazy!

    And awww, you guys are sooo cute!! :) :) I know you will be so happy to see him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was the visit? Michael enjoyed it so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How was the visit? Michael enjoyed it so much!!

    ReplyDelete