Sunday, August 12, 2012

Prayer

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." -Romans 8:26 




I have come to the realization that for a while now, I have not been a good witness or even a good Christian. My faith is not where I need or even want it to be. See, I get in this pattern with God, which starts with my stubbornness, then I hide from Him, and He has to drag me out by the ears to get me to listen.

Well, I would like you to hold me accountable! "Alexandra Anne, how's your faith today?" I need to have a better answer than "well....God is good and all." I need to be shouting for joy about my Savior! I need to talk to God! Yeah; simple as that!  Well, not so simple, since I seem to avoid it like a child avoids medicine. But His words are healing, and true, and full of love. Yes, there are sometimes consequences, and yes, sometimes it's not going to be fun.
But He died for us. For me.

This is how I show gratitude?
Nope. I'm spitting in His face. I'm a hypocrite.

Corrie Ten Boom once said "Don't pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord, and keep it."

So, I'm using this blog as a stepping stone. I would like to pray for you. If I have a regular prayer list, that will be a huge important step! You can comment, or send me a private message, whatever works for you; but I want to pray for you. It could be something as simple as "I hope I can run 3 miles today," to something as difficult as "Please pray for my friend who has cancer." No prayer is too big or too small.
Did you know God watches out for even the tiniest sparrow? Then of course He's watching out for you!

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men, yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3:11

Please. Let me pray for you. <3

xoxo, alexandra anne

"Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His presence continually." -1 Chronicles 16:11
"Commit to the Lord whatever you do and all your plans will succeed." -Proverbs 16:3

PS. My verse for this week is of a prodigal-son nature: "Let us carefully examine our ways, and let us return to the Lord." -Lamentations 3:40

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely idea! My parents both have a lot of health problems and any prayers would be very appreciated. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete