Thursday, June 21, 2012

Yummy Yummy

Hello my lovelies,
I haven't been a good blogger, but I have not been feeling well (my body likes to shut down randomly it seems) and when I have felt decently, I've been keeping busy.

Saw The Hunger Games with my family, it was quite enjoyable! And Mom recently got us the soundtrack, so that has been on repeat on my itunes and is the main cd played in my truck.

I have been bonding with new blog friends and am so excited to make new friends!

Now, as you may know, I am studying to be an opera singer. As such, I try very hard to take care of my body and be fully aware of what it needs to be healthy and well-fueled (is that a word? I just made it one then).

However, I have little self control sometimes...and I really enjoy food. I'm a foodie. But I found a recipe I can indulge in without feeling guilty! So I thought I would share it with you =)


Raw cookie dough bites
Ingredients
  • 2/3 cup raw almonds
  • 2/3 cup raw walnuts
  • 2/3 cup raw oat flakes (see note below)
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 cup raw agave nectar
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3 tbsp cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips
Instructions
  1. In a food processor, process the almonds, walnuts, oats, cinnamon and salt to a fine meal.
  2. Add the agave nectar and vanilla and process to combine.
  3. Next, add the cocoa nibs (or chocolate chips) and pulse just to combine.
  4. Roll the cookie dough into balls (about 1 tbsp each) and place them on a cookie pan lined with parchment paper. Place the pan in the freezer for about an hour to firm up. Store balls in a tightly covered container in the freezer.
Notes
Raw oat flakes can be substituted for regular rolled oats (or certified gluten-free oats, if necessary), but if you want this treat to be truly raw, look for raw oat flakes, which haven't been steamed or toasted during processing. 
Alexandra Anne's note: Instead of chocolate I like to substitute raisins; healthier, and personally I like it better! ;) 

All credit goes to A Dash Of Compassion, the website I found this on =) 

Enjoy this treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment