Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Digging Through Proverbs (And a blog swap I am joining!)


Whew. I just started chapter 2, and I'm already marking up my Bible like crazy and shaking my head at myself. Sometimes conviction and wisdom is difficult, but ultimately wonderful and God glorifying. This is how it's supposed to be! I love learning about His will, and staying in the Word is the best way to achieve that.

Proverbs has always been good for me; wisdom, in short little phrases that I can process. That doesn't mean it is without depth of course!



1:7 "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction." We need to always be learning and seeking HIS wisdom!

1:10 "My son, if sinners entice you, do not consent."

1:22 "How long, O simple ones, will you love being simple?" Ouch. But...simple sounds so easy...God doesn't call us to be simple or lukewarm.

1:24 "...you refused to listen." Guilty....It's so easy to sin if I just don't listen. If I don't admit that something might be sinful, I won't get a conscience about it, and I will just keep wallowing in sin.

1:29 "Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the Lord..." Hate knowledge? But...I want to know, but...if I am honest with myself, no, I don't want to know of my sin and His judgement.

1:32 "For the simple are killed by their turning away." Once we become numb to sin, it is very hard to come back from it....


That's just chapter one.

Looking forward to gleaning more wisdom and such as I read the rest of the book.


And look what I found! I'm going to be part of this blog swap =) We get assigned a partner and send each other a cute little summer package. What a cute way to send some love this summer! Maybe even a good opportunity to be a witness, and maybe start a new friendship!




Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment