Monday, May 7, 2012

Daily Journey Of Grace

[Romans 11:13-21]

"If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches."

This morning God hit me with a bucket of grace; that's like a bucket of ice cold water in your face, but one filled with joy and love.

We are the branches of the church. How neat is it that we are many parts of a body working together for one ultimate purpose? God's glory is the best purpose ever!
"...you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. For it God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you either."

Sometimes I read these passages and think "ouch!" But it's a good ouch. I'm glad our Lord is just AND gives mercy.

"... (you) share in the nourishing sap from the olive root..." We receive nourishing from the original tree; God's love, grace, and mercy!

Grace is God's pure gift to us. We can receive that grace through faith, which is a gift itself.
Look at all these gifts!

But who paid the price for these gifts? "He was wounded because of our rebellious deeds, crushed because of our sins; He endured punishment that made us well; because of His wounds we have been healed." Isaiah 53:5

Our sin has been removed. Grace is the only explanation! Grace every day! Today, tomorrow, forever!

But there is a deal; I can't just say "Ok God, you got this. I'm gonna chill now, not really worry about sin, and I'll just take care of myself really, because I know you'll work it all out, man."

No.

I must give it all up to Him. I must do my part, but I have to give God my whole life, my whole being. Because without Him, what do I even have?

"You do not support the root, but the root supports you." He must be our foundation. Always.

One of the last points in our church's sermon hit me, I knew I had to share it:


"My walk with the Lord is a daily journey that requires surrender." 









No comments:

Post a Comment