Saturday, April 14, 2012

Tugging at My Heart

You know how when you ride a roller coaster you get butterflies in your stomach? Or the opposite kind of butterflies, when you get called in to the principal's office? What about an altogether different kind of feeling that cannot be described as easily as a butterfly?



Something is tugging at my heart, so to speak. I'm not even sure I'm fully aware of it yet. Is that crazy? Sometimes I get wild ideas in my head and don't follow through. I get excited momentarily, then move on and forget completely.

I haven't been living up to my own standards. (God's standards? Yikes...so not even close) But today I felt the tug. I thought I would feel a different sort of tug, perhaps a guilt feeling. It isn't like that. It's more like a friend you haven't seen in a while is asking you in for a cup of coffee. That's not guilt-provoking at all! This friend says, "come on in, I've missed you. Will you stay a while?"

I'm not summoned to make gargantuan life changes at this moment, but I feel called to start with little changes definitely.

I crave the Word now, and am off to seek God's presence more and more. I cannot do it alone; I'm counting on Him, and the accountability He has placed in my life. (1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His presence continually!)




Will you do the same?


1 Corinthians 10:13  No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

No comments:

Post a Comment