Thursday, January 16, 2014

New Year, New Post

Hello blog friends,
It's been a while, hasn't it?

I'm learning many new things. And I'm not just talking about school, I mean about life and living it. No, I really mean LIVING it. I'm 20, a young college student chasing a dream that could hold a career someday. And I love my life.

But it isn't always easy. In fact, I know I have it easier than some people, but it still has its struggles every day. Last semester, I dealt with a myriad of health issues that made it extremely difficult for me to get out of my bed each morning. I couldn't drive. I couldn't sing.

I'm a vocal performance major. And I couldn't. Sing.

That was my identity; I was brokenhearted. I wasn't me anymore.

Or so I thought.

A few months have passed, and I am still figuring out my medical mysteries. I still cannot sing an aria or for more than a minute or so.

But I'm happy.

I am so grateful for life. That's all I need. I know I'll get better. I have faith and hope in my future healing.

So I'm getting back to the writing world. I've missed it. Don't need a voice to type something on a laptop ;)

Also, where else am I going to share my thoughts on knitting, books, music, and share my cute cat photos? (Oh wait, my facebook is already flooded with those....whoops!)

I pray that each of you find the healing you need and that 2014 is a year of growth for all of us!

xoxo,
Alexandra Anne

First arm knitted scarf I've done :)

1 comment:

  1. I admire you for being so happy even though you can't sing right now! But I'll pray for you to get your voice back anyways. :)

    ReplyDelete