Sunday, October 14, 2012

Social Sickie

Time for a linkup! Since I've been sick this weekend, I need to write. What better way than to link up with A Complete Waste of Makeup?
Today's questions are about books, so I'm gonna get my nerd on and let ya'll in on some literature loves of mine :)

1. Favorite childhood book?
 I think this one would have to be "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz," and this is still a love of mine. I remember reading it at a young age and always wanting to read more (being homeschooled, this was one of my "assigned" books, but I always did more reading than what was required for that day; I just had to know what was gonna happen next!)


2. Favorite book lately?
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, the second book of the Hunger Games trilogy. This series definitely grabbed me, and this particular book sat well with me and my "political" beliefs (I won't go into THAT on blogworld, but I will say, I am proud to be of voting age this year!!). Oh, and I am "Team" Peeta all the way ;)

3. Book you wish you could live in?
Hehe, NOT Hunger Games. I would love to live in The Phantom Tollbooth. That was such a magical and neat book.


4. If you could be any character from a book who would it be and why? 
Any Jane Austen lead female. Those ladies are so very real, and full of flaws, but all end up with happy endings and wonderful men. (I feel like I have the stubborn attitude of Lizzie Bennet sometimes, but also butt into others' business like Emma...hmm).


5. Favorite book turned movie?
Pride and Prejudice, the BBC/Colin Firth version (I love the new one too, but no one captures Mr. Darcy quite as well as Colin Firth. Ohhhhh how we all love Mr. Darcy...especially that

6. Favorite magazines
Oh goodness, I don't really read magazines that much. I like Classical Singer, does that count? If I had to be shallow, I would admit that I do every now and then read InStyle, just because I love the fashion! Oh, and I'll admit to owning 2 or 3 bridal magazines, because every girl dreams of her wedding right? (My little sister, who is 9, once said "Well, I'm not gonna get married. But, I'm gonna plan my wedding, just in case!" Ha!!!)


What books do you love? What are you reading lately? Give me some good suggestions!

Have a great fall week :)
xoxo, alexandra anne

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog!! I LOVE Elizabeth Bennet. I can relate to her too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO Peta! Definitley wouldn't want to go into that world though ;)I would love a Jane Austen female lead myself. I love her writing. I need to see the BBC Pride and Prejudice movie, I've seen it as the #5 answer on many blogs!

    www.25inmy25th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Collin Firth Price and Prejudice version!!

    -Lindsey
    FollowtheRuels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete