Sunday, September 16, 2012

3 Weeks Down

Can you believe it? I have been a college gal for 3 weeks now, and I'm still adjusting and figuring it all out. Apparently this means I only have time to blog on Sundays. I might write more once I'm truly settled, but am needing to prioritize my classes and music.

I love Houston, I really do. And I love school; my classes are interesting, my classmates are kind and inclusive, and my music is my love.


Oh, and I'm 19 now. Which means I have a post coming up, soonish. One of those "20 By 20" posts. I want to grow so much more this year, as a daughter of Christ, as a sister, as a friend, as a musician, as a person, as a lover, as a student, etc. I want to be the best Alexandra Anne that God intended me to be.

I'm working on it.

Also, I need to find a job. This will work better once I have wheels...I'm praying that God takes care of my financial situation, and that He guides me to the right scholarships and jobs.

Speaking of prayer; I am currently praying for my Dad's safety in Afghanistan (and his safe travels home, he should be back in Alabama on October 5th!!!) and for healing in his family as his grandmother passed away 3 weeks ago today.

God is good, and He will provide.

These are just the thoughts on my mind today.

Have a good week, ya'll!
xoxo, alexandra anne 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, man I still can't believe that I'm going into my second year of college soon! Have so much fun this year! I grew so much as a person during my freshman year and I think you have the perfect attitude to embrace everything that comes your way! Can't wait to read your "20 by 20" :)
    Sapir
    thesapphirequeen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are loving Houston! Praying for your dad and family in this difficult time.

    Keep us updated on the college life! :)

    ReplyDelete