Sunday, July 22, 2012

Going For A Ride

EDIT: Written by my lovely sponsor Emily!! :) :) :) Check her out at Love Woke Me Up This Morning

They always say you should write what you know.

I've tried that - and it doesn't work. Not for me at least.

I'm not quite sure what it is. Maybe I feel like what I know is too boring. Maybe I just don't know how to make it sound interesting and entertaining.

Seriously though - dragons, fairies, and unicorns are much more fun. That's part of why I write fairy tales. If you get stuck in a boring spot, just throw in a dragon and you have an adventure.

However, I feel the real reason is that I don't know how it ends. When you write fantasy and re-tell fairy tales, you can come up with an ending. You can make everyone "live happily ever after" or put some dark twist on "happily ever after."

With real life, you don't know how it ends.

In real life, you don't know if they "get the girl" (or guy... depending on who you are). You could land the job or get into the college you want, but those might change along the way. You'll get bumps in the road and never really understand why they happened. You can travel to far away places, but you come back home eventually. The family drama may or may not stop. The friendship and relationship drama may or may not stop. You might have kids along the way, but you have no idea how they're going to turn out.

In real life - you don't always know how it ends.

While sometimes that can make it work with writing what you know. Write stories based on your own experiences. But what happens when you can't tie up the story in a pretty box and put a bow on it and say "and that's how I figured it out?"

At the same time... isn't that the beautiful part of this journey of life? The not knowing?

Yeah, there are times when we get frustrated not knowing what's going to happen. It's stressful when you aren't sure which path you should take next and where you're going to end up.

But that's all part of what makes it exciting.

Whenever I think about maybe changing my life and I'm not sure what to do I have a friend who is always telling me "You can do anything!"

Usually I roll my eyes and respond with "That's too many options. It doesn't help me at all."

At the same time ... you really can do anything.

That's all part of life.

Sometimes we just need to chill and pick a path. Doesn't matter what path. God will be with you either way.

Source

Just pick one and go.

Because it can always change.

That's life.

You don't know how it ends until... well... it ends.

Just enjoy the ride.

2 comments:

  1. So true! I hate making decisions because I'm always afraid of making the wrong one. But like you said, God will be with you either way.

    Thanks for linking up with Link'n Blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there :) I nominated you for the Liebster award. You can check it out on my post below; if you want to get that photo for your own post simply copy the URL into your blogger post! If you need help getting it on your blog sidebar, let me know ♥

    xx
    Elise
    http://jerseyflowerse.blogspot.com/2012/07/nomination-say-what.html

    ReplyDelete