So, I got this idea from My Life As... and since I am a total copycat, I have no shame in doing this too. She posted about her top 10 playlist on her ipod. So I thought, hey, I have a top 25 list, why not see what my top 10 are? I wasn't too surprised at the list; I tend to get into certain "music moods" (there isn't really a better way to describe it) and will listen to the same stuff over and over and over again. I used to be the "girl who doesn't like change" and ok, I probably still am, but I'm working on that; makes sense that I would listen to the same things obsessively right? Therefore, here is my list. Let's go:
1. Take on Me by a-ha ~ I am completely fine admitting that I LOVE 80's music. This is one of those songs that will cause me to dance like a dork; never mind the fact that it's Walmart or a street in California...yeah, the location does not stop my grooving. I like to think I live up to that quote "Dance like nobody's watching" because that is SO me. I often have been caught dancing in my room, when my father would walk in and I would freeze...."Ahem....um...You didn't just see that. No, of course not." Sigh. But yes, this song is definitely a dancer.
2. The One That Got Away by Katy Perry ~ I remember the first time I heard this song, I really loved it. Then when it started playing on the radio, I always got very excited and said "OH I LOVE THIS SONG!!" It's so sweet. "I was June and you were my Johnny Cash..." I love it. Also, whenever I sing to it, I start thinking of people I need to tell "I love you, I appreciate you." Seriously. Life is short. I want everyone in my life to know I love them!
3. Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars ~ Yes, I melt like a schoolgirl every time I hear this. It's so cute to hear my little siblings (ages 8 and 6) sing this song with me. Also fun? To sing this to your best friend in the middle of a store; yes, she will be embarrassed, but you will make her feel awesome at the same time.
4. Going for a Ride by David Newman ~ This is from the soundtrack for the movie Serenity. (BEST MOVIE EVER!!!) Considering I travel so much lately, this song is appropriate. Too bad I can't fly around on a spaceship all day, that would be awesome.
5. Love by David Newman ~ Also from the Serenity soundtrack. "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down." Such beautiful music.
6. Send Me On My Way by Rusted Root~ Apparently my traveling translates into the music I listen to...but I DO travel a lot! This song is good for walking, reading, just kind of chill and zen. And if you know me, it takes a lot to make this hyper child even close to being zen.
7. Am I Not Human? by Two Steps From Hell ~ My boyfriend got me into this group; do you love orchestral wonderfulness? How about electronic music? What happens when you blend the two? What I love about this group is they have a myriad of genres/sounds, and each song is different. This one is fun because I can "air-conduct" to it, like a total dork of course.
8. Serenity by David Newman ~ So apparently I am obsessed with this music...this is the movie's main theme. In love with it.
9. Prep for Flight by David Newman ~ Reallllllly obsessed? Good heavens, Alexandra Anne!
10. Highwayman by Johnny Cash ~ I love Johnny Cash, but actually this song doesn't sound like his others. It has a sort of new agey feel, like one going on a journey.
I wonder what will be on my top 10 by next week?