Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Like A Child

"Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good." - 1 Peter 2:1-3

I read this verse back in my first read through of 1 Peter; lately I have been lacking in scripture study and meditation, so tonight when I had time to myself I started to flip through my Bible. Oh how I love rereading scripture and gleaning new insight every time! It is also oh so neat to see where I have underlined before, and seeing the little notes I scribbled by the passage, making a connection to my own life.

This passage in particular reminds me of when I have been on a "spiritual high" so to speak, and how I want to crave God daily and act on that. I don't want it to be an "every now and then" kind of thing; I want to always be seeking Him and growing in Him! Also, in addition to "growing up in my salvation," I really just need to grow up in general. (Sometimes God likes to throw little jabs at me....yeah, I hear you...working on it!)

I'm a sucker for a good analogy or imagery, and this verse sits so well with me.

I've wanted for quite some time now to have faith like a child, and crave pure spiritual milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment