Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Life in 5/4

One. Two. Three. Four.
One two three, FOUR FIVE. One two three, FOUR FIVE.

We all want a stable, steady, predictable life. If I had my way, God would be handing me His little calendar/planner book and I would know everything. But that's not how this world works. We run into surprises, little bumps, and cannot prepare for it all.

One. Two. Three. Four.
ONE TWO THREE One two, ONE TWO THREE One two.

Syncopation. Rhythm with unpredictable turns.
Sometimes my life is in 4/4 time, steady. Sometimes life is in a pattern of 3/4, like a waltz. It just dances by.
But sometimes? Life is harsh and unsteady, in 5/4 time.

God always resolves it though. Eventually life does calm down, and we can tap our feet to His rhythm.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny how when we stop trying to live life by our beat, his takes over and it becomes our own...

    ReplyDelete