Sunday, January 8, 2012

Keep On Keepin On

Isaiah 40:28-31  Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God,   the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint,   and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary,and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength;   they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary;   they shall walk and not faint.



Life is crazy for sure. But I love every second I get to live! What I find funny about my life is my faith seems to coincide with every area of my life. I'm at that point where I crave daily scripture and conversations with God! When I am hurt, I turn to Him. When I am filled with joy, I thank Him because I know it is from Him!! I think we often forget that God WANTS us to be happy. I am definitely guilty of the thought "I don't deserve this, I need to be miserable because that's what I deserve." That's not true! We're made in His image, so why would He want us to be unhappy? Thank goodness for salvation!

I recently heard from two colleges I'm interested in: Boston Conservatory approved my prescreening and invited me to audition! And I have applied to Ole Miss and will be auditioning there in March. We recently bought my plane ticket to San Francisco, as I am auditioning at their Conservatory on February 12. Wonderfully busy!! I pray I can focus enough to prepare perfectly for it all, and that I honor the gifts God gave me for His glory. 

I'm also in rehearsals every night it seems for our upcoming opera, The Merry Widow by Franz Lehar. This English comedy is one I have been enjoying immensely! Who doesn't love dancing the can can? Who doesn't love flirting with older men? ;) The opera also has some gorgeous music that makes my heart melt. I often miss chorus cues in rehearsal because I'm watching our leads and falling in love with their voices. 

And on that note, (haha, note ;) ), I am now going to study some more music as I have two competitions coming up this month! 
In bocca al lupo! 






1 Chronicles 16:11  Seek the LORD and his strength;  seek his presence continually!
Exodus 15:2 The LORD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.
Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness - you ARE a busy little beaver, aren't you?!? I'm so glad you're having fun with all this life change. It's too easy to let the stress catch up with you, and miss out on the joy. But then, you and your Mama are two of the most joyful people I know, thank God! I love you so much, and hope you get exactly what you need, even if it turns out to be not exactly what you want! Sometimes God's funny that way. :) {hugs}

    ReplyDelete